Monday, May 6, 2019

Brown Pelican in Flight

Until last week, I had very few shots of a pelican bird.  That changed.  I mentioned this to my host last week and as a great host would, he provided more pelican shot opportunities than I could hope for.
We spent a few hours in the Charleston Port area.  Like any water area with fishing and shrimping as a way of life, there are many avian scavengers.  And in this case, the avian part are the pelicans.
This pelican however is just cruising from one place to another.
This image however is more of a story about not screwing up with a good opportunity.  And seeing the combo of the D500 and 70-300 lens getting a fast focus lock and keeping the lock.
There are many pelican shots that will probably make the blog, but I really like how this turned out.  I like the green bokeh and the other flying critter.  The subject bird is razor sharp all the way through.  I think the frame is right, no need to crop any closer.



This image shows the difference between the normal image size and the 1.3 image size use with many of the aircraft shots.  In my opinion, just a much better image quality-wise.



It could be a good birding season for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment