Sunday, January 27, 2019

Broadwing Hawk - Eyes on Eyes

One of the best series of shot from last year's trips to the Nature Refuge was the Broadwing Hawk.  The story to get here.
I like this shot looking straight on.
This is as far as I can reach.  The effect mm is 600 on this shot and in the original the subject is very small.
One of the 'creative criticisms' I received this year from the photo club is my nature subjects were not large enough in the image.  Some of my framing issues were with, well framing.  Not in this case, because I was at the limit of the equipment.  (Planning to resolve this issue!)
The original:
ISO 640, f/5.6, 1/800 sec, 600 mm
NIKON D7200 Ver.1.04/70.0-300.0 mm f/4.5-5.6
I guess that's OK for a travel photo, but I want to see the bird.
That's better and it easily passes the monitor test.
I'm playing with a Topaz product, AI Clear.  In the past few weeks, I've been going after noise reduction.  I've been playing with Photoshop and On One.  I really like PS's ARE noise reduction.  I can see it.  I struggled with On One's version, which is usually not the case.  I've been reading about Topaz's suite of products from a number on UHH forum members so giving AI Clear a shot.  (I love full edition 30 day trials.)  So this image has so Topaz in it.  And it is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment