Sunday, November 10, 2019

Red Fox Close Up (Not that Redd Fox)

I had two or three nice shots from my trips to the Western North Carolina Nature Center.  Well, two or three that really stuck with me.  This shot of a red fox is by far is the one I liked the best.  Well, so far anyway.
In the Nature Center, the fox enclosure allows the fox to come very close to the two legged critters.  Unfortunately that brings into play the fence.  But I'm not kidding anyone, this is a fox in an enclosure who is not afraid of the higher food chain. 
The only issue I have with this shot is the fox's left eye is partially obscured by the chain fence.  9 out of 10.  9.5 out of 10.




Red Fox Close Up
NIKON D500 Ver.1.20/70.0-300.0 mm f/4.5-5.6
202 mm, 1/400 sec, f/6.3, ISO 1000 (AUTO)
EV +1, MANUAL Mode, Size DX

For me there is a lot to like here.  First, the eye is sharp - followed by the rest of the fox.  I can see the whiskers.  I can see the red and white hairs.  I like the background of green and yellow.  And I can learn to like the fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment