Friday, August 6, 2021

2021 Thunder Over Michigan - Friday

 Friday is in the books.  Great day, lots of fun.  And I found some new friends.

Yea, we flock together.

I had a pretty good day.  Got lots of walking in.  I might have more than four or five good shots.  Most of the day was spent figuring out what camera/lens combo I needed for where we were.  We are not located at show center.  We are off to one side completely.  On the good side, we are on the taxiway for some of the aircraft to access the active runway.  Awesome.  Less than 30 yards away.  But that takes up one camera.  What is the best action combo?  I had really good results with the D500 and 70-300.  I had some good results with the D500 and 200-500.  But that thing is heavy.  If I go with that Saturday, there will be a monopod attached to it.

I also nailed the ISO to 100.  Didn't let it float.  Initial observation that on the D500, it helps.  That might be more of an issue with the beast lens, it has a fixed aperture.  It did OK today, and it wasn't total sunshine.  Just have to see how the days plays out.

I have to work more with the flat sky.  Was horrible today.  At the end of the day, started to overexpose a wee bit.  Did it help, not sure but made me feel like I was doing something to combat the issue.

Looking forward to Saturday.  Slight chance of a passing storm.  Hopefully not as hazy.


No comments:

Post a Comment