Friday, August 12, 2022

WWII Air Pair - Kittyhawk and Hurricane

Nothing like a little pressure to get a good shot.  Pressure in that I never like to say once in a lifetime, I may see this pair again.  But probably not.  And pressure to get a prop driven aircraft.  It's not like an early jet flying where you can dial up the speed and almost ensure a crisp shot.  Shooting moving objects at 1/200th second or slower decreases the chance for a decent shot.  Pressure.
I'm settling in on a shutter speed of 1/200th of a second for my best chance of a WWII fighter class shot with acceptable prop blur.
The Thunder over Michigan '22 show featured some WWII fighter aircraft from the European theater.  And some others.
In the end, it doesn't matter to me as I'm happy to see whoever shows up and starts up those engines.
In this case, two Allied fighters take to the skis again.  A P-40 Kittyhawk and a Hawker Hurricane.  To me, a non-English major, this is poetry.  To me, the non-Art major, this is Art.


Kittyhawk and Hurricane Level Flight
NIKON D500 Ver.1.31/Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6
420 mm, 1/200 sec, f/7.1, ISO 100
EV +1, Shutter Priority, Size DX

And this shot is quickly becoming a favorite as a screen background.


Kittyhawk and Hurricane Right Bank
NIKON D500 Ver.1.31/Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6
420 mm, 1/200 sec, f/7.1, ISO 100
EV +1, Shutter Priority, Size DX

Good shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment