Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Eagle Glide, Almost Eye Level

I have about ten shots in this series of the Eagle gliding, or wing stroke, that I think are good enough to post.  But at some point I don't want to limit myself to being an Eagle site.  I have other interests, just can't get to them yet.
In a way, I want to segue to to what's happening in mid-Michigan.  The flooding in mid-Michigan will have an effect on the Refuge.  The flooding Tittabawassee River merges with the Saginaw River at the north end of the Refuge to form the Shiawassee River.  The Refuge drive is closed today, which leads me to believe water will cover parts of the drive.
The work done at the Refuge last year was to increase the wetlands by water control.  A lot of the Refuge will be protected by the drive, but I'd think the water levels will increase.  And they were high last weekend.
There is a lot of debris coming with the flooding waters.  By the time the floods hit the Refuge maybe a lot of the debris will have deposited along the way.  I'll just have to see in a couple of weeks.
Water by itself will not hurt the Refuge.  More water, more small critters, more life.
What a difference 24 hours make.




Eagle Close Glide
NIKON D500 Ver.1.20/200.0-500.0 mm f/5.6
750 mm, 1/1000 sec, f/5.6, ISO 1100 (AUTO)
MANUAL Mode, Size DX

I like this shot for two (three) reasons.  The first reason, unseen, it is technically pretty good.  In focus and after that, it's all good.  But the two elements I see are the wing tips and the yellow feet.
The Eagle wing tip feathers doing the spread thing really get my eye.  And there is just enough of the feet to add the color.
This might be as close to eye level Eagle shots as I will ever get.  The background isn't all that bad either.

No comments:

Post a Comment