Saturday, September 10, 2022

Success Story

It is a small step, but I will take it.  
I have a few success stories, in that someone will ask if a photo of mine is for sale of if they can use it.  Note to people going forward to ask - for personal use only.  Anyway, the biggest success story was a local author wanting to use a photo for one of his book covers.
Belle Isle Fishing Pier
The next batch of successes comes from the UHH (Ugly Hedgehog) photography forum.  Like most forums, if there are comments they are nice and politically correct.  But if members take the time to leave a comment, or even a smiley, that is a feel good moment.  On one photograph, the user said they were going to put it on their coffee mug.  No offense taken.
As to publishing on the web, and the threat of theft, it is a double edged dilemma.  I want to get my name out there - but not as an easy mark.  I risk it.  Investment to the journey.
A few days ago, another UHHer asked if they could use one of my photos for personal use.  If someone takes the time to ask, they are respectful of the process.  Whatever I can do to help - I'm at their disposal.  The photo they were interested in:  



OK - I'll say it - that is a darn fine shot.  Prop blur - no mistake.  And no sun spots on the canopies.  And just enough blue sky to make it interesting.
But that fact someone else likes it enough to reach out takes the ego to another level.  And makes it all worthwhile.
And when someone shares what their vision was - just friggin' awesome.
For clarity - this is not my photo and this is not my photo of the cat.  (Which looks to be a great photo as well.)


Happy to be on someone's wall.
It's going to be a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment