Thursday, October 11, 2018

Because I was Inverted.....

One of the best movie scenes ever comes from the movie Top Gun.  With a rumor of Top Gun II, I'll have to say one of the best scenes ever comes from the movie, the original Top Gun.



So the saying 'Because I was Inverted" was all over Reno.  Tee shirts, mugs and probably one piece baby outfits were outfitted with this.
The air racers never inverted, but the show performers would often fly with their gear above the cockpit.  And I guess since the 'original' Top Gun film, no airshow is complete without the reenactment of the maneuver.


ISO 400, f/8, 1/2500 sec, 450 mm

Photographically speaking, again, I could shave some speed in favor of ISO on this day.  From many of the shots, the morning and early afternoon sky is virtually cloudless.  In many shots, I was using ISO 800 and getting crazy speeds.  I think I could get away with 200 ISO on sunny days and 400 ISO whenever a cloud gets lost and shows up over the field.  (I put this in so when I read this a year from now I can read it and still forget it before the next show.)  I think if I need a speed bump with those settings, I can go f/11 or so.  It doesn't show up much here, but when looking very close the image noise shows up.  Some post processing cleanup helps, but a lower ISO would go a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment