Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Four Cormorants on a Tree

Before this year, I never knew what a Cormorant was - or even that they existed.  Now I know.  There are many in residence at the Shiawassee Nature Refuge, from flying to swimming to perching on a tree.
I've seen many of them flying.  Small, fast.  Maybe next year I'll catch one in flight.  I'll be ready for them.  But for this year, I have one in the process of transitioning from swimming to flight here.  
I did catch these four just sitting on a tree in a pond.
I like the green, yellows, and the orange on the bills.


ISO 400, f/8, 1/400 sec, 600 mm

This was taken with the D7200/70-300 lens, 1.5x crop.  It won't enlarge very well.  This is as much as I can crop it and it still look good on the monitors.  The argument for a 500 mm lens.  
We'll see how that fits in for next year's budget meeting.  Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment