Friday, March 29, 2019

Eagle Chasing, Close to Home

No day is bad when the skies are clear and the temps are approaching 60 at the end of March.  It's a Friday and the work week is over.  I'm going Eagle chasing, close to home.
I've been living here over 20 years, and I'm just getting out.
I staked out the nest for close to two hours this afternoon.  I could see some movement in the nest.  I have this shot from earlier in the week, when the food was delivered via air.



Photographically speaking, there isn't much going on here.  But, just to be here to see this is awesome.  I had seen the fly in Eagle come in, no images and probably just as well.  Just to see it come in.
And today's effort was to see the fly in Eagle deliver the food.  This was as close as I could get.



Damn tree held the auto focus......  I can laugh about it now.  But again, I watched the drama unfold with both eyes and it is something I won't forget for some time.
In the end, I was in the woods for about 2.5 hours.  Time well spent.
Probably the best image of the afternoon was a Canadian Goose.  There were a few of them 'sunning' themselves on a body of water.  I was surprised I could get close to them, but I did and watched for a while.



So far this year, I've been shooting Manual with Auto ISO on.  I like it.
So here is my Canadian Goose shot for the day.



I like the sun angle, just before sunset.  usually doesn't work that way for me.  I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment