Saturday, March 16, 2019

Jack Links Climbing

Reviewing some of the images from Reno, getting ready for the summer season.  I saw this one of the Jack Links bi-plane.  For more of the Jack Links story and my attachment to some of the parts used in this unique aircraft, read here.  
This image is severely cropped, maybe to less than 20%.  It won't win any prizes, but looks good on the monitor.
But what really gets me is the prop blur.  And the sky background.  This was at the far end of my reach, 450 mm.   And really cropped.  Like all images, if it stars as crap, nothing you can do will help.  But, if your image is in focus you can get away with a lot.  And I think I did.
The settings:

I need to remember f/8 and 1/500 sec for future shots.  The prop is just about perfect for me with this one.  I can live with f/8.  For planning purposes, I can go to f/11.  But this far out, F/8 is pretty sharp.




It looks good on the monitor.  And for now, good enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment