Sunday, March 24, 2019

Santa Fe at Dorrance Station

This is the first of the photo stacks from the DMRRC 2019 shoot.  I like the Santa Fe 330 engine.  Actually, I like all the colors on the engines, and one that I'll look at later that looks very weathered.  But for now the reds, yellows and silver of the Santa Fe are on display.
This is an eleven shot stack.  Somewhere around shot five, the train was moved.  Fortunately, the train was moved in a backward direction.  And fortunately I have good images of the train before it was moved.
Fortunately.
In all the previous stacking projects I've done, I've pretty much let the software do its thing and that was good enough.  Here was a challenge.
The basic settings:



When I did the original eleven shot stack, this was the best I (the software) could do with respect to the train.



If the ultimate goal is a sharp image, that ain't it.
So I decided to blend a five shot stack to get the sharp train and blended it in the final eleven shot stack.



Tough to tell, but the images are different.
After I had the two together, and a little cleanup.  This is my finished effort.



There is a lot going on here, and I like it.  The blue background is what the walls in the club look like now.  To go much further with this, I'd have to think of something.  And with any luck, the club will have something on the wall next year.
And the painted version.



Both will make wonderful screen backgrounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment