Saturday, October 30, 2010

Why I do what I do........

I spend a fair amount of time on my photos.  For the most part, I don't do family photos.  I try to find what I would consider 'interesting'.  And then I try to translate that moment to print.

That's only the first part - seeing and taking the shot.  What comes next is how to 'help' that moment.  As much as I like the equipment, there are some aspects of the shots that the camera itself will not handle.  Even set to make the images more vivid, that still is not enough.  To go along with color management is light management.  Since I rarely have the luxury of waiting in one spot all day for perfect light, my photos have to be 'adjusted' for light deficiencies.  

I came across a photo that illustrates on many levels why I take the time with photos I like to share.


The original:



And my take:

No comments:

Post a Comment