Monday, December 20, 2010

Season's Greetings and Happy Holidays!


This is the photo I sent out this year as a holiday card.  This is the Gazebo in Ligonier on Christmas Eve - 2009.  The photo itself is a true HDR.  This is one of my first successful efforts of using a tripod, setting the camera bracket settings, using a remote release so I didn't have to touch the camera, aperture priority, manual focus, etc.  I should have used written notes.  After the shot - I didn't know what I had until I returned home and started working with it.  Initially - I had a real had time believing I could get a photo like this without a flash and all the issues that brings up.
I really like how the surfaces of the brick and the rock of the gazebo foundation stand out.  there is enough "light" to see the definitions on the gazebo roof.  The light on the trees is only from the street lamps.
After this shot - I was a HDR convert.
So with this - I say Season's Greetings and Happy Holidays.  Thanks for looking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment