Thursday, February 25, 2016

Our Snow Storm in less than 3 minutes.

Every time I get challenged to do something photography related by one of my well-meaning, but sadistic and psychotic friends, I feel bad because I'm not up to the challenge.  (Feel like I'm breaking a chain letter.) You know, the snap a photo a day of a smurf in warmer weather then where you are Kurt - and for sure pass along the challenge to someone else crowd.
Well - that's just not me.  (Sorry, don't unfriend me.)

Here's my answer to the challenges - by my rules.

I purchased a digital remote release, non-Nikon.  This thing can do time lapse.  And what a better time to try this out than during a snow storm.







My first attempt at time lapse.  There are some interesting things here, at least to me.  First, there is a brief section where the snow really builds up quickly.  Next, I really like the transition from daylight to night and back.  

Sure, it could be a little more exciting, but hey - it's my first try.  

This is a shot every 10 minutes for about 26 hours.  The original effort was a shot every 5 minutes, but that was really slow........  (And to my Canon friends, yes a Nikon has a big enough buffer to handle a JPG shot every 5 minutes.....)

I used Lightroom Slideshow to put this together.

And I promise not to challenge my friends to create a time lapse movie every day for the next six says!  (Although, I wonder what the Cape Lego crowd will do with this?)

3 comments:

  1. I've done time lapse with my GoPro but the battery only lasts 90 minutes. Soo Locks and Fourth of July parade were fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have new digital timer remote release. It is by NEEWER. Instructions aren't very good, but figured it out on about 5 minutes and three test runs. It is fun and i have some other ideas now,

      Delete
    2. Oh, Oh....a challenge..........

      Delete