Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Topaz AI Clear

Continuing the search for help with noise removal, I've started looking at Topaz's AI Clear.  
Currently this is $60 ish.  And the 15% discount coupons can be found everywhere.
That's the bad news, because everything else is good.
I've been working with PS - the RAW filter and it's pretty good.  I worked with On One's noise reduction and really wasn't that impressed.  And then I stumbled on the AI Clear.
My quick test against PS.



AI Clear on the left, PS on the right.  In the flat background, much smoother.  Truth be told, I could get almost the same effect with PS, but unless I did some masking and layering I would have 'smoothed' the entire critter and lost some of the great detail.  What doesn't show and what is really great about the product, the detail on the critter 'sharpens'.  I guess that is the AI part, Artificial Intelligence.  For this test with AIC, I used only the default settings.

Easy decision on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment