Monday, June 7, 2021

And we're back

 And we're back after a short absence.  The reasons are many and uninteresting.  The good news is we're all more free to roam around.  

I have two money sucking hobbies.  The other one is off-road ATV riding.  Over Labor Day weekend, I was able to get out for a few hours.  First ride in almost two years.  There's a lot of pre-work involved to ensure a successful ride - and not to be 'that guy'.  That took some time.  The paying job took its toll as well.  Now that we can move around again, I have to pay attention to that work/life balance thing.

And the new photography angle.  I came into some bonus buck at the paying job and decided to look into the video game.  I spent a lot of time during the lock down watching all sorts of YouTube productions.  Not that I'm looking into gaining YT celebrity status, but it might be interesting to add a new tool to the box.  So I now have a GoPro 9 - and a bunch of accessories.  I have this idea of mounting the GP9 to the camera to get a video/still shot mix.

So Sunday was out and about the area.  I saw the BMX circuit was back in business - and in a big way.  The park was packed.  The goal quickly became to take less, but better photos.  In truth, I took more photos, but on fewer scenes.  Means, I'm going to throw away more.  And I did.  I wound up keeping about 15 shots out of 120 taken.  

The gear for the day was the D500 and 70/200.  

And if you wait long enough, you can get something new.  Or new to me anyway.  Up until now, the leader of the heat coming over the mound gets the best air.  Not this time.  Second racer over had the best air.  One of those shots where you think you saw what you saw and if that's right you hope then you didn't miss the shot.  Some call that process a nightmare.  I call it signature thought process.

Second Place Air
NIKON D500 Ver.1.30/NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED
105 mm, 1/1250 sec, f/5, ISO 140 (AUTO)
EV 0, MAUNUAL Mode, Size DX

Good day to get out and about.  And a surprise shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment