Sunday, October 24, 2021

Droning on with Bob

A friend asked me a few days ago what I know about drones.  My knowledge is limited, but I have taken the on-line classes/tutorials on what is required to be a Commercial Drone pilot.   I know some of the rules, but as far as actually flying - I got nothing.  But will try most things at least once.
So his drone arrived last week.
After registering the drone with the FAA, we arranged to go to a local golf course for our test flying.  Tree colors are just starting to turn which would be great for photos and video.  The sky however was not optimal for most of the time we were out.  Occasionally the sun did clear the clouds.  Mid-Michigan.
While flying the drone was Bob's goal for the day, my goal was to get the Insta 360 One X2 out  for a drive.  This would be my second time out with the camera.  The first adventure is here:  Insta Video
I have a remote for the camera, which is not dependable.  Still learning the limitations.  But I did get lots of time captured - just not all the time I wanted.  But enough.
Back to the drone flying.


Although the identification would never hold up in court, this is someone not crashing an inflight drone.  Everything appears to be legal here.  The drone is under 400 feet in the air, going less than 60 mph and not flying over anyone.  






The drone flying was fun.  And we were successful.  For all the 30 minutes of flying we did, no crashing.
Now I just have to set up a price alert...  Ha

No comments:

Post a Comment