Saturday, August 11, 2018

AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR

Friggin' awsome!  Whatever command I have of the English language escapes me now for what I think of this lens after one day of use.  I may have to re-think my lens strategy.
From the first image I saw from today with this lens and the D7200, I knew this combo was just great.
I'll get into the photos later, but I have to ask myself why this turned out so much sharper that other efforts.  Not that past photos were bad - but like when you go to the big box store and see a UHD next to a 1080p there is a difference.
There are three possibilities for the perceived image difference.  I'll rank them in order of what I believe the validity is.
Anything related to the full frame construction angle, from the heavier weight to the glass used.  There has to be a reason that the lens is almost double the cost of the DX sibling.  The glass is better?  There is more glass?  Does the extra weight make it more stable in your hands?  Is it the new pulse AF?  Whatever, I'll take it and may look to more FX units int he future.
Next, I didn't skimp on the UV filter.  I may to to determine on my other lens if the quality just needs to be better.
Last, I upgraded the firmware and distortion control data.  Could have done the trick?  I did the same for the D90 and although I thought the photos were good, they didn't stand out as much.
More to follow.




No comments:

Post a Comment