Friday, October 4, 2019

And now for something completely different....

The good news - I've had a great 2019 collecting images.  The end of 2018 saw a number of aircraft and nature images come into my collections as well.  With all these recent images to review, edit and write about one would thing that is a good thing, and it is and was.
The bad news - I've lost the time, and the effort, to develop the digital art side of the hobby.  I've had a lot of pictures I wanted spend time with.  In prior years, I could could play with HDR to 'alter' the looks of photographs, to make that my art.  I've missed that over the last few months.
In December of 2018 my art 'direction' was to be able to work a illustrative image.  I ended up purchasing a program to help me a along with that effort, that I often refer to as 'painting'.  Call it getting lazy, trying to get something out fast.  But while I was looking, I played with Photo Shop exploring all the filters, and colors, and shades - a lot of fun things that don't make the YouTube videos.
I had forgotten about this work until a few days ago when looking for photos to put in the Nine O Nine post.  I didn't post it in December.  Not sure why, maybe brain freeze?  But as I look at this image now, and what I was able to do with it - time to post.  
All I would say about this is it is how I would see a B-17, in it's own era looking at the skies awaiting its next call to serve.  Maybe it is too many movies, but I don't see many sunny days in the area around the aircraft.  It has a crappy job to do, but as the people who flew it they were going to do the best they could.  Dark.  If I cold draw, this would be it.




Looking Forward

I think this works,it does for me.  The photograph is OK, but in my head this tells the story a bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment