Sunday, June 30, 2019

2019 Traverse City Airshow

This airshow has been on my radar, however I was scheduled to work this weekend.  A co-worker offered to cover for me so I could go.  No need to offer twice.
Traverse City is a three hour drive for me.  No issues there.  Time in the car.  Listen to a book, or turn the music up loud.
The web site is a bit cryptic on the plan.  If you've been to this before, and next year I'll know better, the web site makes sense.  But if you are visiting the city for the first time, its an adventure.
I thought the airshow would be at the airport.  So, that was my destination.  And I made it to the airport.  Along with many people using the airport for conventional reasons.  No signs, no people.  After circling the are for about 45 minutes, I finally broke down and asked.  Over the water I was told.  Like I should know what that means.
All the activity was downtown.  Right on the water.  Just as advertised.
Eventually I found my way down there.  Found a lot to park the truck.  And off to the water front.
This Cherry Festival thing a Fair.  Rids for the kids, vendors and porta-potties.  And it just hapeens to have an air show as an event.  Very cool.



And of course, air power ans water power are pretty closely linked.  Some people just love the bright colors and tons of HP.  Cars, boats or planes, doesn't matter.



Jealous?  You bet.  I'd like to be able to afford the insurance on that thing.



Or the gas.

But I was there to take pictures of airplanes.  Over the water.



And there were many others who were there for the same.  Next year, get there early, take a chair, umbrella and cooler.  Lots of good places from terra firma.
But the best place by far would to have a platform on the water.  And there were lots of boats out there.



So it was a great show.  Lots of good airshow action.  Great way to spend an afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment