Sunday, June 16, 2019

It's been a while........

Last post was almost a month ago.  I ran out of current horse, train, vacation to SC and critter images I wanted to post.  My local critter season at the Shiawassee Nature Refuge is in a delay start pattern.  The opening has been delayed for 45 days to complete a project that is behind due to the wet weather we've been having here in Michigan.
I have a new PC, which took me down for a week.  It started with, I wanted to get a new graphics card.  Then the project got out of hand.  The old PC was six years old and still very functional, but for the processing programs these days, an updated graphics card was required.   Then I started thinking about power supplies.  And it's six years old.  Trying to find compatible memory for six year old technology is a pain.  So we have the new box to handle the software.  So far so good.
And I had to travel a week for (the real) work.
As with any new PC, all my tricks in setup and short cuts all have to be re-built.  This is the first PC upgrade where I didn't have to load anything by disk.  Which is good, no DVD drive.  I try to copy over from the old PC as little as possible.  There are lots of programs that will move data and programs over, but I'd rather do a fresh load.  Cleans out all the junk.  Personal choices.
Yesterday I went to Gaylord, MI (2.5 hour drive each way) for a 3 hour air show, Wings over Northern Michigan.  Was it worth it? Absolutely!  Have some shots of a B2 bomber and a EA18G Growler from the modern era, A4 Skyhawk from the not to distant past and a B17 and C47 from WWII.  There were other planes and acts as well.
I took over 1600 shots between the D500 and D7200.  I spent a lot of time last night and this morning getting down to a manageable number, something south of 100.  There were a number of images that were easy to dismiss.  Most were jets when I was set up for props.  Doh!
Next real photo op for me is mid-August when I'll be spending a week in northwest Michigan.  That should be fun.  And then September is Reno.

No comments:

Post a Comment