Sunday, August 29, 2021

London Skydrive 2021 - and what could have been

You know, you try to do everything right.  And then from nowhere.....

I didn't see this coming.  Everything for the Skydrive 2021 show is on such a tight timeline for 72 hours.

I had my Covid test taken at a location that is not Rite-aid or Walgreens.  Or at Quest Diagnostics.  Or at some  local government establishment.  I chose an establishment that specifically said their testing was good for travel.   And they didn't lie - the test was what was required.

There was/is a problem though.  The sheet with the test results is incomplete for  Canada.  Simple omission.  Canada requires name with DOB, dates and time of the test, type of test and result of test.  All of that information was on the sheet provided.   And Canada requires the place where the test was administered.  And the place that is not Rite-Aid, Walgreens sheet did not have that information.

The test took more than 36 hours to process, taking another test was out of the question.

I called their support to see if another form was available where the test location might be mentioned.  I was able to get another form with a code of the testing location.  It was suggested by the support person that I have the border patrol person 'Google' the cade and the location would be found.

I have crossed the Canadian border enough times to respect the border agents and the job they do.  When I have the correct identification and follow the rules, it all works well.  I have seen a border crossing apprehension.  It isn't pretty.  I'm not going to ask an agent to 'Google' something.  I think that would make the visit very short.

Live to see another show - new motto.

Reno is in a couple of weeks.  While I'm 98% certain of travel, there are some issues I continue to watch.  There is a wild fire close by.  And as of today, the area is a Covid hot spot.  So the wait is on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment