Monday, March 29, 2010

Grand Haven Light - Grunge


That will hurt your eyes.  These are the Grand Haven Lights taken pretty much right into the sun.  Who would do that?  Certainly not anyone who knew what they were doing.........
Yet another mistake.
Shooting on Aperture Priority, I had the real bad habit of looking at the shot settings and then changing the environment by turning around.  And this is what you get.  The original shot is very dark - but that seems to work for me.  Dark captures the colors.
I haven't done any Grunge work lately as it seems to only work in the fall for me.  So far.  So on a whim, tried it here.  I like it - although on a monitor you almost need sun glasses.  the sun is actually behind a layer of clouds but really neat effect here.  (I generally don't like to tip my hand as to what will be entered in the photo club competition, but just had to get this one out.)

1/500 f/9
Aperture Priority
ISO 200
Focal length 18 mm (27 mm for 35mm film)

No comments:

Post a Comment