Sunday, March 21, 2010

Photo Weekend - No Pictures-

Fairly big photo related weekend.  If I had to go somewhere, Port Huron would be the location.  It looks like this is the first weekend of the freighters moving.  The Soo opened this morning at 7:00 AM.  There is still a lot of ice at the southern end of Lake Huron and the mouth of the St. Clair River.  From what I can tell, there are a lot of vessels trying to get through.  But I didn't go.......
The 11x14 of the Sail Boats arrived today.  Got 'er framed and hung over the fireplace.  Looks good.  Cost me $12 - I guess that is good. 
I got the D90.  Lots of new goodies - but the most important thing is that what was on the top menu is now enlarged on the back view screen.  All those settings I had trouble seeing - usually due to sun light - are now very visible.  it is close enough to the D80 that I should be able to pick up and GO!.  I splurged a bit and picked up a new lens as well.  I got the Tamron 18-270.  I was looking at the Nikon 18-200 as well.  The difference in $$$ was not that much - but the Tamron gives me a macro as well.  I was looking for an all-around lens where I won't have to change lenses - and I think I have it.
Not sure what I will do with the D80 yet.  I'll probably wind up selling it.

No comments:

Post a Comment