Sunday, July 21, 2019

Red Hawk in the Trees

Today's trip to the Refuge promised better weather than yesterday's trip - although for mid-July that was not a difficult ask.
The goal was to try to get a better shot of the Osprey.  Quick to the end, that didn't happen.  The Osprey was in the same location, but not really photography ready.  Time to go for Plan B.
Life is going well if the Eagles are plan B.  And today, that was the case.  
Although there were not many good images from the day, I did see the adults and juveniles out and about.  I'd like to think there was some Eagle training in progress.  I did get some good shots in, but they are at distance.
But the clear winner for the day was this Red Hawk (?) diving out of the trees.  I had seen something 'red' out of the corner of my vision and followed it to the trees.  Anyway, when he/she/it launched out, I was able to get this.




Red Hawk in the Trees
NIKON D500 Ver.1.15/70.0-300.0 mm f/4.5-5.6
600mm, 1/1000 sec, f/5.6, ISO 200 (Auto)
EV 0, Manual Mode, Picture Size, 1.3

The picture is good, but not 'real' good.  The end of the right wing is out of the focus range.  However, for subject I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment