Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Weathered Tractor

One of the more interesting, to me, objects at the Octagon Barn was this weathered tractor.  To go with it was the sky was light, the grass was yellow and the trees were green.  Perfect.
I had to take a number of shots in this setting.  This was an excellent situation where the camera is totally confused by the environment.  I use spot metering.  The camera sees the center part of the subject and meters for it.  In hind sight, I should have changed to center weighted or matrix mode.  I've been bitten in the past a few times by not setting this correctly.  Thus, my amateur status is still comfortably in force.
But I did like this tractor.  The rusting is very interesting to me.  I could have done a bit better.  First, a tripod might have helped.  Or a prime lens.  This was at 18 mm.  I have a 35 that I could have worked with.  All notes for the next trip.  I bet it is beautiful there in the fall.  Road Trip.
The weathered tractor.




Weathered Tractor
NIKON D7200 Ver.1.04/18.0-200.0 mm f/3.5-5.6
18 mm, 1/250 sec, f/8, ISO 100
EV -1, APERTURE Priority, Size DX

And then I have the interesting thought, what about paint for this one?



Now that screams Green Acres!

No comments:

Post a Comment