Thursday, February 20, 2020

F/A-18E Super Hornet Nose On

Last September while walking around the military display at the Reno Air Races, I was thinking of creative ways to describe the air power I was in the midst of.  I was staring at the business end of the A-10.  I was thinking if this was the first thing you saw in your day, your day is not going to end well.  And you would have this same thought with any of the aircraft on display.
My photos of the A-10 that days didn't turn out as I wanted.  To be fair to the rookie photographer, I was not the only one in the area.  Lots of people 'noise' in the images.  And if I cropped in too close to the nose of the aircraft, well lets say if I get into that opportunity again I'll have a better image to work with.
So on to the Super Hornet.  47,000 pounds of whoop ass.  Carry anything, anywhere, any time.  Any weather.  Blue Angles aircraft will make the change from F/A 18 Hornet to the Super Hornet in 2021.
I saw a few shows with some form of Hornet aircraft last year.  Now that I know what to look for to tell the difference between the two, I'll be better informed.  What we saw for a brief demo at Reno was the Super Hornet.  I had an earlier post here.
The year before I had done a head on shot of a F15 Eagle.  I liked how it turned out, even if all I could photograph was the aircraft sitting on the ground.
This last year, the Super Hornets were on the tarmac.  This is a great frame with the blue sky and mountains.  And, the aircraft fits nicely in the 1920x1080 format.




F/A-18E 'Super Hornet" Nose On
NIKON D7200 Ver.1.04/18.0-200.0 mm f/3.5-5.6
70 mm, 1/1000 sec, f/9, ISO 280 (AUTO)
MANUAL Mode, Size DX

This was taken in the noon hour, you can't tell by the shadows.  Still looks like morning.  I do like the way it fills the frame, almost like that was the primary design.

No comments:

Post a Comment