Saturday, February 29, 2020

St. Joseph North Light from the South

This winter hasn't been as cold as usual.  As such, my favorite wither light area didn't have the usual ice formations in February.  Taking a photo from the north has very little ice.  Taking photos from the south, Silver Beach park, there was ice in the protected area south of the inlet barrier.  But past the barriers, there is no ice.  There are nice ice formations on the rails that protect the walkways to the light, and the farther from land you go, the more ice.  Sort of makes sense?   For as many people that were out on a day trip like myself, I'm pleasantly surprised there weren't as many walkers to the light.  Granted the walkway was very icy, however there are usually some people with questionable courage.  They must have stayed home.
I was happy to go visit the area last weekend.  First time I've been out there in winter without a flat sky and a lot of wind.  And like the shots from Reno with the clear blue skies, I find a little cloud action would be welcome.  
But because it was clear, I still stuck around.




St. Joseph North Light from the South
NIKON D780 Ver.01.00/70-300mm f/4.5-5.6
160 mm, 1/1600 sec, f/8, ISO 100
MANUAL Mode, Size FX

It's always a good day, even without clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment