Saturday, April 23, 2022

Drone in an Open Field

Second spring is here.  First spring was a few weeks ago. The two springs are separated by four inches of snow.
The forecast we upper 60s this morning and maybe a bit breezy.  Too good to pass up.
Today, first flight outside of the back yard.
One of the county parks close by has a large opening with a couple of softball fields on the edges.  Perfect for beginners.  Lots of open field.
For the most part, I stayed between 20 and 30 feet high.


I worked the camera for both single shots and video.  I used the AUTO settings for both.  Baby steps.
In flight, I worked of coordinated turns and an orbit around a central point.  I finished logging an hour in the air.
It was a good day.  The drone and I are developing trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment