Sunday, December 23, 2018

#1225 - Up close. (Hint: It's Large!)

If I ever need a image that fills the screen, this is it.  I can't say how close I was to the tracks at the time.  I'd hate to have broken some federal law that I'm ignorant of.  Or I could say this is a remote shot.  Whose to say?  Wow.


ISO 200, f/5.6, 1/160 sec, 36 mm, Aperture Priority (EC -1)
NIKON D500 Ver.1.15/18.0-200.0 mm f/3.5-5.6

There are many things to like about this image.  So I'll start with the one that bothers me.  Just a little bother.
The 1225s are a bit blurry.  I'd say that is a DOF issue, but that might give a clue to how close I was.  But I'll go with this.  Due to laws of Relativity, the front of the train was moving faster than the 1/160 sec could capture without blur.  The rest of the train was OK.  I can live with that answer.
I like that the entire frame is filled.  There is smoke and train - and just the smallest amount of sky due to the boiler shape.  On the downside of filling the screen, I have to keep the original format.  I like the 1920x1080 because it fills my monitor.  The 1920x1280 doesn't fit exactly right.  Oh well, redo?
I like that there is enough angle to see all the engineering.  Pipes, bars, wheels and tubing.  Does it get any better?
I like the engineer hanging out of the cab.  Just enough for some definition, but not enough to hold your gaze.  Just like in the movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment