Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Big Bay Lighthouse in the Moonlight

In February of 2010, I took a trip up North.  Northwest of Marquette is the Big Bay Lighthouse.  When I got there, it was cold and windy.  February, northern Michigan and it's cold?  Who would guess?
But a day seeing a new lighthouse and not at work is a good day, right?
I was there in the early afternoon, but lots of cloud cover.  The wind was was working the water really well.  There is a lot of character in this shot.
I used this image one year for a Christmas card.
I needed a creative entry for the Club meeting.  Since this month's subject is winter, I've tried to keep the images cold.  I thought of this one, it has the potential to look, well cold.   But to be creative, I needed to add something.  Maybe add the Loch Ness monster added in the water would do it?  Creative, not fanciful.  


ISO 100, f/14, 1/100 sec, 18 mm
NIKON D80/18.0-105.0 mm f/3.5-5.6

I'm struggling a bit with the final light level.  It looks different in the PS viewer vs what is on the web.  I've had to lighten it a few times.  But this is where it is.  The creative part is adding the moon rays.  Interesting process.  Next step will be adding sun rays to an image, but this just wasn't the one.  There's always next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment