Saturday, December 15, 2018

Rt 381 - A Different Look

I've always wanted to do a sketch effect on some of my images.  I seen some interesting combinations of PS layers and filters, but that doesn't do it for me for a few reasons.  First, in the end it doesn't look 'sketchy' and it way too much work.
In my search, I found this application that gives a 'paint' effect.  You like van Gogh - this will van Gogh your image.  You like the acrylic look - viola.
What I really like about this application is that it is not an overlay filter - it will reconstruct the image.  Fun to watch.
This is an image that I've used before of a section of road in PA, Rt 381 in fall.  I don't want to go overboard on this, just some difference.


I'm not in favor of the effect on definite subjects like trains, planes and automobiles.  Yet.  But for some landscapes - and some of the lighthouses, there are new possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment