Sunday, December 2, 2018

Crisp Point - 2009 (Again)

Back in the day, the Crisp Point Lighthouse was not easy to get to.  The road signs were mostly hand written.  I found it using some obscure directions found in a local lighthouse book.  The dirt roads at the time were not maintained in the winter.  And were not repaired in the summer.  But once you got there, it was Michigan beautiful.
I've been there a couple of times in the past few years, on an ATV.  The area is somewhat commercialized.  There is a new(er) souvenir building with modern rest rooms.  There are walkways around the area to aid in the reduction of erosion.  The improvements have been done very nicely, and to keep with the theme, very understated.
Back to 2009.  I was in the D80 phase of life.  Beginner.  Still feeling my way around.  How I have the RAW file for this still baffles me.  Back then, I knew what a RAW file was, but I really didn't know what a RAW file was - if you know what I mean.  If I remember correctly, I was bouncing back and forth between RAW and JPG or some combination.  I still have the D80.
From the XMP file, it looks like I was using a kit lens as well - no VR.  Was I ever that young?
In my folder for this image, I have many iterations.  I published this once before, in 2011 here.  Most of the images are heavily saturated.  The grunge period.  Other forms of Photomatix, when Photomatix was younger as well.
There are some photos that just stand the test of time.  There are few that I tend to return to over the years, to see if my tastes or software can make a noticeable change.  Two of these photos are the Rt 381 and Southwestern PA barn.  
This grunge image, looking at the XMP file was created in April of 2010.





Well, that will hurt your eyes.  Ha.  Looks like I had figured out how to get a signature block in the image as well.  Yep, that's mine.
So here is a current revisit.  Current software.  Current tastes.




ISO 400, f/10, 1/400 Sec, 18 mm
NIKON D80/18.0-135.0 mm f/3.5-5.6

No comments:

Post a Comment