Thursday, December 27, 2018

Grand Trunk Western Logo - Restored

This railroad fascination has a hold on me.  Ha.
I'm having fun reading up on the locomotives I have pictures of, and getting a glimpse of the history.  We'll see where it goes.
In Grand Haven, the PM #1223 is on display.  I have a few shots posted here
At the display is a restored caboose with the Grand Trunk Western logo painted on the side.  It is really nice.  Too nice.  I mean a caboose needs to look used.  The restoration looks so good, looks like restoration was just completed.  An hour ago.  No bird evidence anywhere.
The logo to me is very interesting.  I'm guessing the leaf is Maple, therefore Canadian.  Which makes sense.  The GTW is and always has been part of the Canadian National Railway in some form.  The GTW was originally set up for rail access from Canada to Chicago, by way of Port Huron and Detroit and points in between throughout mid-Michigan.
This is the logo as it appears on the caboose as of a few weeks ago.


And while that may look OK, it doesn't do much for me.  I need some form of artistic license.


This would be a lottery project for me.  I would find a caboose somewhere, not in public use, and get the caboose art.  Much like barn art.  Just get the logo restored and have the wood moved to a large room.  Or maybe the lottery 'fun' project would be to start a museum with caboose art.

No comments:

Post a Comment