Sunday, May 3, 2020

Juvenile Eagle on a branch

Today may not have been the nicest day of the year so far, but it was the nicest weekend day that I haven't had to work.  I did have to work a bit last night, but I can sleep later.
Off to the Refuge again on a couple hours of sleep.  I didn't see a whole lot going on there.  Or I just wasn't wasn't looking in the right places.
I didn't see any Eagles flying in the Refuge, which is almost a first for any one of my trips there.  I'll get to the photo here of a juvenile in the branches.  I did see a pair of adults flying over a farmer's field on the way home.  Fun to watch - no photos.
I know it's early in the season.  other birds are on the way north.  Probably still four weeks away.  And some must be home with the kids.
There are a lot of 'little' birds there.  Just something new for me to capture.  I'll have a post of these new birds I saw, when I figure out what they are.
On to this one.  This looks to be a very young Eagle, maybe only one or two years old.  As it is before the sun gets real high, there is a lot of shadow to deal with.  Without making it look to obvious.
I didn't see this one, it was point out to me by some refuge rookies.  People are so nice out there.  Anyway, there was a brief conversation where they told me they were rookies.  Good start to their career.  




Juvenile Eagle on the Branch
NIKON D780 Ver.01.01/200-500mm f/5.6
500 mm, 1/2000 sec, f/5.6, ISO 180 (AUTO)
MANUAL Mode, Size FX

Yes, that is a Michigan blue sky.  Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment