Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Two Juvies in Flight

Most of the time I see a juvenile eagle, it is solo.  That is not a hard and fast rule.  Last September I saw a few playing together, and with some pelicans.  But the solo sightings are the majority.  Last weekend, I did see a few playing together.  I don't know what the distance was, but it was far away.  When this happens, I'm torn between watching and moving in closer without disturbing the subjects.  And then of course, they move.  Usually away from me.
Shots like these underscore the need to find some way to stabilize the camera, more than fast shutter speed.  And I probably should have jacked up the speed a bit more.  And I should have got closer.  Nix the closer bit, they were on the verge of distancing themselves from me anyway.  A marginal shot is better than no shot.




Two Juvies in Flight
NIKON D500 Ver.1.20/200.0-500.0 mm f/5.6
720 mm, 1/1000 sec, f/5.6, ISO 280 (AUTO)
MANUAL Mode, Size DX

Quality wise, there are better.  But being at the right place at the right time I'm not sure that will happen again.  Two juvies in one frame.  Looks OK on the small screen and I can live with that.  Sometimes the subject just outweighs the final image.

No comments:

Post a Comment