Sunday, May 17, 2020

Manny, Moe and Shemp

One of the critters at the Refuge that can be counted on, when the sun is out, are the turtles.  Usually they are confined to the Shiawassee River that runs along the west side of Abbott road.  I can see them sunning their cold blooded bodies on the tree debris. 
These three, however, were not in the River.  These three are on the east side of the road.  The light seemed to be better.
I saw these three and instantly though of sets of names, Manny, Moe and Jack and Moe, Larry and Shemp.  I think it fits.




Manny, Moe and Shemp
NIKON D500 Ver.1.20/00.0-500.0 mm f/5.6
750 mm, 1/1600 sec, f/5.6, ISO 1100 (Auto)
MANUAL Mode, Size DX

Not that turtles have always been a favorite critter, but since I took a photo of one in the park and noticed the skin pattern, I've been looking forward to to getting a good close up of one.  This may, or may not, qualify as a close up, but its what I have going for me.  Almost looks like tattooing?
My favorite turtle story comes from the old TV show Night Court.  The character Dan Fielding is hosting his parents in New York, when the parents start telling the story of when Dan was a child his favorite pet was a turtle.  After a few story twists and turns the punch line was that the turtle was actually a painted rock.  I still laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment