Sunday, September 2, 2018

DMRRC - Mountain Cut

Rumor has it that the Photo Club of which I'm a member will return to the Detroit Model Railroad Club later this month.  With that in mind, I started looking for any photos I hadn't played with from previous visits.
I'm not sure why I didn't work this photo before.  Looks like it came out OK.  This is a five shot focus stack.  It looks like everything is in focus as expected.  When I saw this angle, I thought it would be different, coming up from under the train.




ISO 200, F/8, 1.0 Sec, 60 mm
5 Shot Focus Stack

I hit this with a little extra contrast, but not too much.  It was tough to dial the contrast back, I did like a really hard shot on this - but that's only me.  At this contrast level, the rock looks good.
Unfortunately the room ceiling lights are reflected.  Note to self, take something that can block light next time.
This was taken with a 18-200 lens.  When I return to the building in a few weeks, my intention is to use my AF-S DX Micro NIKKOR 85mm f/3.5G ED VR.  I've been very happy that lens and have one train shot with it that came out very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment