Sunday, September 16, 2018

Reno Air Races - Day Three

My trip is almost over, one day to go.
It's been a wonderful three days so far, enjoying time with friends, and making new friends.  Talking airplanes.  Talking old military tales.  Really close to paradise for me.
Photographically speaking, I've learned a lot.  There's a lot of time between races,but when the time comes it is very busy.  I've started to think faster, making adjustment quicker.  
I've become a bit more selective of shots.  I need multiple 'subjects'.  One airplane doesn't 'tell the story'.  One airplane across the start/finish line tells a story.  Two airplanes tells a story.  Three airplanes tells a better story.  Three airplane and a start/finish line tells a better story.  See where this is going?
The reality is I don't have the reach to go past the airplane level.  That is I can't drill into the cockpit, see the rivets or a loose flight control.  The equipment just isn't there.  So be the best airplane level I can be.
With this in mind, in this shot there are two air plans still in a race and being quite close. I'll have more definite information as to category and speeds later.
I chose this because the focus on the two racers is right on, the terrain in the background adds to the story and the sky is really good.


ISO 400, f/8, 1/3200 sec, 285 mm
Aperture Priority
D7200/70-300

All in all a really good day.  Looking forward to Sunday.  The weather forecast calls for excellent flying weather.  All the money is in the line.  There should be some really good racing.


No comments:

Post a Comment