Monday, September 10, 2018

Juvenile Eagle in the Trees

I've gone 60 years not 'getting' nature.  Or I might put it this way, not taking nature to another level past the domesticated or 'common' critters that grace my life.  Now I am getting such a thrill of seeing a number of the various birds that I've seen in the last few weeks close up and getting some photographs without disturbing them.  (I hope.)
Clearly I have a real fascination with the young Eagles.  I'll bet I'd have the same relationship with the mature Eagles, just haven't put myself in a position to see any up close.  Yet.  Seeing the Broadwing Hawk was incredibly eye opening.  I would have paid 2k or more for a bigger lens on the spot to get that beak and face with more detail.  As it is now, that budget item may get on next year's calendar, especially if I need one for the air shows as well!
This Eagle was just chillin' Saturday morning.  This is the sibling of the Eagle in Flight subject.  Same tree, same small crowd looking.  We were 20-30 feet way and not moving very much.  


ISO 400, f/5.6, 1/640 sec, 450 mm

I was watching this pair for about 20 minutes.  I caught the other one when it was ready to fly.  This one didn't look at us much, spent most of the time looking away from where I was standing.  The wind was blowing pretty much in our faces and I'm sure it wasn't comfortable to look in this direction.
As to the wait, clearly this time with nature was worth it.  Good time to slow down, smell the roses - and look at a bird. 

No comments:

Post a Comment