Sunday, September 23, 2018

Ducks on a Fallen Tree

With the Trains and Planes taking over my recent activities, I needed to get back to nature.  And this is the shot to do it.
Although ducks are everywhere in the Refuge, it took me a few trips to'see' them.  Usually, I hear them scattering to get away from me.  They are skiddish.  But once I 'learned' to see them, they are in the most interesting places.  They can be very colorful to camouflaged. 
With much patience and a little luck, I saw this group on a fallen tree.


ISO 800, f/8, 1/400 sec, 600 mm

What really interested me about this view was the ducks appear to be 'leaning'.  In the midst of all the green, there is some blue, orange and yellow colors.
In the original photo, there were a lot of 'distractions' that required removal.  I used the content aware fill feature to remove bigger objects and clone stamping for detail work.  There were some pieces of dead wood in the water and stray leaves on the right that caught my eye that were removed.  There was also a branch on the left that crossed the left most duck that looked odd, so that had to go.
This is a fun image for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment