Friday, September 14, 2018

Reno Air Races - Day One

What a fantastic time today.  While watching the races and shows were fun, I met so many new friends.  Talking aircraft and related subjects was so much fun.  And although I'm not a pilot, my AF experience gave me instant cred.
Our seats are beyond fantastic.  Top row of the stands, right on the start/finish line.
Photographically speaking, 1700+ shots with both the D90 and D7200.  Call it newbie jitters.  Tomorrow I'll be more restrained.  Maybe.
At max length of 450 and the stretch 600 - that really wasn't enough for what I'd like to do.  That being said,  I have a lot of shots that are much better than I thought they'd turn out.
I'll have to get a race program for the year, just because I'm not that familiar with the classes.  I'll have to add the camera and lens to the information of each photo.
I believe this is the T-6 class.  




ISO 200, f/18, 1/160, 170 mm
Shutter priority
D90/18-200

I was shooting this sequence with speed priority to try to catch the movement of the propellers.
While I could get a number of shots with single aircraft, the most interesting to me are where I could catch multiple aircraft.
And this is only day one - the day to shake loose what configurations to use.  Three days to go.  Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment