Monday, April 15, 2019

Batching

Last weekend's adventure to the horse farm and the Eventing practice grossed over 500 images.  
And I said I'd share them.
First step, get it a manageable number.  Down to 100, check.
Next, apply the necessary basic edits.  How to do basic edits for over 100 images?  I shot JPGs, but I don't do any in camera effects and the images really don't come out so well.  Not good enough to show.  With my name on it.  
For the RAW files I figured out how create a pre-set in ACR.  The important part was to set the light levels levels to AUTO.  It is doable.  And I added my usual starting points.  And I could do multiples.  Like 30 at a time.  Like in 3 minutes.  There is a time saver.
From that point, I needed to save the altered RAW files to a JPG format.  Found how to do that.  From there I had to touch up about half of the images for things like leveling and some additional light leveling work.
In all, about two hours of work.  Not bad.  Better than the camera JPG route.  At this pint, I can't see any reason to shoot JPG format any more.
Now for the dispersal.  I like Dropbox.  I have a few of the Club members doing a test of the page and download.  I should be able to send out the notices tomorrow that the images are ready.
Not only was the adventure fun, but I backed into some learning as well.
I need to get out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment