Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Eagle in the Nest

Yesterday I felt like the Eagle paparazzi.  I staked out my new favorite nest for over two hours waiting for some good Eagle action.  What a life!
I thought the only good action would be a fly-in.  How wrong could one be?
First, I found a great spotting location.  Didn't have to bang through a lot of underbrush.  Had a nice level spot with clear vision to the nest.  I'm guessing the distance was about 70 yards.  (Could be a new toy alert, range finder?)  Big enough for a chair.
I never saw a fly-in, but at some point I saw some movement int he nest.  Picked up the camera and fired away.  Haven't any clue if to the Eaglets have hatched yet, but guessing that is a few weeks away.  Thinking this was the female moving around.





This is pretty much the limit of my equipment.  This was effectively 450 mm shot.  And it is aggressively cropped.  But it looks good on the monitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment