Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Blue Heron and Purple Flower

Seem to me that last year, my images of the Blue Herons were kinda dull?  The bird was blue.  I'd look on line and see lots of colors that these birds were supposed to have.  Was the color lost in Michigan?  So far this year, I am happy to report, the colors are on the birds.  We can chalk it up to I didn't have a clue how to work the device between me and the bird.  I'm OK with that.
This year, seems I'm capturing more definition and color of the birds.  The one image of a Heron standing in the post Great Blue Herons got me going this year.  I started seeing colors.  So very cool.
In this image, the colors are so - there.  No post processing saturation needed.  Pretty much out of the camera.  OK - there are a few PP steps, but not much with the color.
The colors got me with this.  First, I'm usually not this lucky with the water.  Water I find is usually grey, due to overcast.  Of it if is clear, there is some shade of funky blue cause by the sun's reflection.  Not so here,   Great shade of blue.  The green in the sunlight is a different shade than when I get direct overhead light.  And I don't see much of the purple(?) colors in the Refuge.
So all together, this works for me.




Blue Heron and Purple Flower
NIKON D500 Ver.1.15/70.0-300.0 mm f/4.5-5.6
600 mm, 1/1000, f/6.3, ISO 220 (AUTO)
EV 0, MANUAL Mode, Size 1.3

No comments:

Post a Comment