Friday, August 16, 2019

Harbor Springs Summer Morning

Last day of my visit to Harbor Springs.  Took a walk this morning on the bluff above the city.  Rewind to earlier in the morning, the weather channel had a dense fog advisory for the area.  Seriously, less than an hour later, this.........  Clear as can be.  Beautiful.
Harbor Springs is one of the those places you visit, and after a day, one of great weather, you start looking at the real estate office photos.  How can I get here?  What shack can I afford?
On of of the days, you take a walk at the local ski resort.  Then you realize - I bet it gets really cold here.  Flashback to way too many years ago, but isn't that why you gave up skiing?
And the boats on the water.  And more boats.  And some really big boats.  First thought, this is how the other half lives.  If it is not the 1% life, it is close.  If you have to ask the price, you're in the wrong neighborhood.  Back to the boats.  I just don't have the water life in my blood.  I like to look at them.  I'd really like to see the electronics in some of those things.
So I enjoyed my week there.  Lots of stuff to see.  Very nice area of the state.  Couldn't have picked a better week weather-wise.




Harbor Springs Summer Morning
NIKON D7200 Ver.1.04 /18.0-200.0 mm f/3.5-5.6
48 mm, 1/500 sec, f/11, ISO 250 (Auto)
EV -1, Manual, Matrix Metering

The great weather was part of the problem.  I wanted to see some weather.  Something on the other end of the spectrum.  I wanted a great lake weather front to roll through.  Well, maybe some other time.

No comments:

Post a Comment