Saturday, August 24, 2019

Blue Heron Head On

Today's trip to the Shiawassee National Wildlife Refuge started about an hour earlier than previous trips.  When I arrived, the skies were full of activity.  And the light was different.  Golden hour.
I had stepped out of the truck for a while, and I saw this bird coming in.  I was working with the image size of 1.3 which sometimes works - and sometimes not so much.  This was 50-50 ish.  
But I'll look at it as half full.  Took me a while to find the bird's head.  Ha.
The golden morning light is different for me and tossed me for a minute.  But the bird is coming straight on.  Pretty cool.




Blue Heron Head On
NIKON D500 Ver.1.15/70.0-300.0 mm f/4.5-5.6
600 mm, 1/500 sec, f/8, ISO 250 (Auto)
EV 0, MANUAL Mode, Size 1.3

The bird was eventually going to 'land' on a tree not far from where I was standing and that's how the flight path worked out.
At some point the bird has to transition from flight to landing mode.  And in this case I was there just off the glide path.  The golden light here is just awesome to me.




Blue Heron Gear Down
NIKON D500 Ver.1.15/70.0-300.0 mm f/4.5-5.6
600 mm, 1/500 sec, f/8, ISO 280 (Auto)
EV 0, MANUAL Mode, Size 1.3

Early morning is the time to get out and see environment in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment