Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Spark Plug Chandelier

The hardest part of this post will be spelling chandelier correctly.
In Petoskey, there is a neat eatery named Duffy's Garage and Grille.  C had a olive burger and I had a steak and cheese.  Both were totally awesome.  I will go back.  
The decor is somewhat 'old garage'.  And it is unique.
One of really interesting pieces there was a chandelier made of park plugs. It took me a while to get what it was.  But very interesting.
Photographically this wasn't easy.  I had to find one of the chandeliers that had enough light in the front that didn't mess with the interior lights.  For this, I used matrix metering.  That worked,as the overall effect was to black out the background.  And that really works out.  I thought I might have to blur out some background, but my mistake and not understanding of metering saved me.  Great when a plan comes together.


Spark Plug Chandelier
NIKON D7200 Ver.1.04/18.0-200.0 mm f/3.5-5.6
75 mm, 1/125 sec, f/5.6, ISO 280
EV -1, Aperture Priority



No comments:

Post a Comment