Sunday, November 25, 2018

CSX Out of the Tunnel


This morning I was looking to play with On One's photo stacking process.  I started by watching a few videos.  Looked easy.  Fortunately disk space is cheap and I have plenty if files to try with.
I loaded up my first 21 images and, pppfffttt.  Nothing.  Wait, huh?   Well, this wasn't right.  After about ten minutes of trying to figure out what the problem was, it appears that there is a limit to how many files can be loaded.  And the limit was south of my 25 files.  Looks like the limit is 14 files for On One.  Well, that won't do.   At least half of my work at the DMRRC is over that number.  I have a submitted a question to On One support to confirm my observation.
I also looked at On One's HDR process.  I haven't tried it yet, but looks like work.  Looks like it is very workable to a finished product - but again unless you are doing it a lot, work.  Eats into the five minute limit.  But I'll give it a try at some point.  Going to be a long winter.
Back to the train.  This stack turned out really well.  (Actually all turned out well this year.)  What really catches my eye here is the detail on the front of the engine.  The engine number, 953, is very clear.  That was a problem in a lot of my earlier efforts.  If the numbers are not clear, the rest doesn't really matter.  Continuing on, the chain just under the CSX front center is a great detail item.






ISO 100, f/6.3, 0.6 sec, 75 mm
NIKON D7200 Ver.1.04/50.0 mm f/1.8
Focus Stack - 21 Images (Helicon Focus)

The issue I always have is the scenery is an equal player to the trains.  Tough to crop it just to focus on the train and leave out the great work done by the DMRRC.

No comments:

Post a Comment